North Korea says don't mess with us as US plans next move

North Korea says don't mess with us as US plans next move

"China is very much the economic lifeline to so, while nothing is easy, if they want to solve the North Korean problem, they will", Trump said in a Twitter message.

Asked by host Liz Wheeler whether the US was on the verge of any armed conflict with the North Koreans, Kredo said no.

Chinese President Xi Jinping has ordered a major military reshuffle as tensions with North Korea rise.

Those possibilities included defensive exercises or Chinese concerns over North Korea.

When asked about the Vinson's movements Wednesday, Lu was measured in his response, reiterating at one point, "we maintain close contacts with the USA on the current situation".

Fears of military confrontation mounted last week after US President warned against further North Korean provocation and North Korea's state media said the isolated country would respond to any sign of US aggression with nuclear strikes.

He was optimistic that China would be able to use its influence on North Korea and its leader Kim Jong Un, who he hoped is "mentally stable".

Satellite images show North Korea is prepping for a sixth nuclear test and they continue to test and parade ballistic missiles.

Trump gave no indication of what the moves might be.

Labour leader says UK election 'establishment vs people'
Wyn Grant, politics professor at the University of Warwick, said: "Clearly if Labour suffer a big defeat, Corbyn is going to go". When he was a Member of Parliament, he sat in the socialist grouping of Labour MPs alongside Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell.

On Wednesday, aboard the US aircraft carrier Ronald Reagan in Japan, Pence reiterated the warning while speaking to USA service members and Japanese Self-Defense Forces personnel, the Los Angeles Times reports.

Pence also said the United States would protect freedom of navigation and overflight in the South China Sea, where Beijing is entangled in territorial rows with several Southeast Asia nations.

Pence also renewed United States calls for Beijing to use its "unique" position to bring Pyongyang to heel.

North Korea has also made such threats before as well but now China's patience with their one-time ally in Pyongyang is "wearing thin" and escalating the situation, according to TJ Pempel, a political science professor at the University of California-Berkeley.

During a Thursday press conference with Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni, President Trump called North Korea a "menace".

The North conducted two nuclear bomb tests and 24 ballistic missile tests last year, defying Security Council sanctions resolutions banning any testing, and it has conducted additional missile tests this year, including the latest one on April 15 that failed. They're threatening to destroy Japan, South Korea and the United States in no particular order. North Korea's authoritarian leaders have continued to conduct nuclear and missile tests, seeing the programs as crucial to their survival.

Despite the military movement, the US has no plans to negotiate directly with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at this time. The tests have grown in sophistication each time, U.S officials said.

Two weeks ago, the United States announced it had ordered the deployment of nuclear aircraft carrier the USS Carl Vinson on the Korean peninsula, a move that was interpreted as a warning against Pyongyang's arms development program. It blew up nearly immediately.